Your Tauranga City library membership provides you with free access to best-selling authors for adults, young adults and children. Our BorrowBox collection has over thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks with a number of award winning titles. Enjoy listening on your computer or download to your smartphone or tablet.
You will need your library card and PIN to sign in
Below are some basic steps to get you started.
Listen to eAudiobooks on your smartphone or tablet
To download and listen on a smartphone or tablet you will need to get the BorrowBox app. Once you have downloaded your eAudiobook you do not need to be connected to the internet to listen to it.
Once you have installed the BorrowBox app on your device you will need to register using the following steps:
- Go to the “Please select your library” option and start typing “Tauranga” – choose the option “Tauranga City Libraries” from the list of library options.
- In the “Library ID/Barcode” field please enter your 14 digit library card number.
- In the “PIN/Password field” please enter your 4 digit PIN.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- When you submit all of this information you will be asked to “Agree” to the terms and conditions. Once you have clicked on “Agree” you will be taken through to the app where you can browse, borrow, download and reserve eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Browse the eAudiobook catalogue to locate your choice of title.
- Select an eAudiobook by choosing Borrow. Click Confirm Loan - a loan confirmation will be sent to your email address.
- You can then choose to download the entire eAudiobook or selected chapters to your device.
Listen to eAudiobooks on your computer
Simply import your eAudiobook download to iTunes or Windows Media Player on your home computer.
- Sign in to BorrowBox using your Tauranga City libraries card number and your PIN.
- Browse the eAudiobooks catalogue to locate your choice of title.
- Select an eAudiobook by choosing Borrow. select confirm loan - a loan confirmation will be sent to your email address.
- You can then choose to download the entire eAudiobook or selected chapters to your PC.
- After downloading simply import your eAudiobook downloads to iTunes or Windows Media Player on your home computer and play them from there or transfer them to your MP3 player. No software needs to be installed for BorrowBox eAudiobooks as it works with software you already have on your PC / device.>
Do I need to pay to use BorrowBox?
It is free to borrow our eAudiobooks. You will need your library card and PIN and an internet connection to start borrowing.
Is there a limit to how many titles I can borrow?
You can borrow 4 ebooks and 4 eAudiobooks at the same time.
How long can I have my eAudiobook for?
Each loan lasts for 2 weeks.
Once you finish listening to your eAudiobook you can return it. This will free up your loans and allow you to borrow another eAudiobook.
If there are no reserves on the title you are reading then you can renew your eAudiobook for another two weeks.
What can I do if the title I want to borrow is checked out to someone else?
If the eAudiobook you want to read is checked out to someone else you can place a reserve. BorrowBox will send you an email to let you know when it is available for you to download.
Do I need to do anything to return my eAudiobook?
eAudiobooks are deleted automatically once they expire on your mobile device.
How do I listen to eAudiobooks on my car stereo?
You will need to have an auxiliary cable plugged into your smartphone and into your stereo auxiliary port. A cable costs around $10 and can be purchased from a shop like Noel Leeming or JB Hi-Fi.
Need more help?
We also offer a free lesson with one of our Learning Centre tutors to help with our mobile apps. Phone or email us to make a booking.
Last Reviewed: 08/03/2017