Stepping UP Classes
Tuesday: 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Stepping UP offers free community-based computer training at Greerton Library. The programme helps people build their digital skills in small easy steps, in subjects that enhance their work and home lives.
Select from modules covering a specific interest area or digital skills you want to learn, everything from internet security and safety to digital photo editing. Each self-paced module takes about 2 hours, with your friendly library tutor there to help.
Book online at Stepping UP or contact us by calling 577 7177, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to select Greerton Library as your option.
Spark Jump is a new low-cost, pre-pay internet service for families with children under the age of 18, you pay $10 for a 30GB pre-pay service with no fixed contract. The service is subsidised by the Spark Foundation and offered through local partners in Spark Jump coverage areas.
- Learn about the Spark Jump pre-pay wireless internet service
- Check their home addresses for 4G or 4G 700 coverage
- Sign a Kawa of Care agreement
- Set up an email address (for people who don't already have one)
- Register online with Skinny for the Spark Jump service
- Power up a wireless modem and test that it is operational
- Enter the WiFi code into a digital device (smartphone, tablet or laptop computer)
- Learn how to top up the data allowance each month
- Take the modem home to provide a working internet connection
Scheduled according to demand. Check online at Stepping UP to find the next available session, or enquire by calling 577 7177, or emailing email@example.com.
One-on-one IT Help
Learn in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with a qualified tutor at a pace that suits you. We tailor the session to suit your own interests and needs. Bring your own device, laptop, phone, tablet etc. or use one of ours”.
Available by appointment
Cost: $10 for 30 minutes a session.
Make a booking by calling 5777177 or by enquiring at Greerton Library.
Code Club at Greerton Library
We are working with Code Club Aotearoa to give Tauranga kids the chance to learn to code. This programme encourages children to combine their imaginations with an understanding of computer science, to give them a head start into the digital world.
Wednesday: 3.30 – 4.30pm
Booking essential. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Reviewed: 03/08/2018