Get a global perspective on world events with PressReader, an online newspaper kiosk where you can browse and read more than 6,000 newspapers and magazines from New Zealand and around the world.
- Up to 90 days of back issues are available.
- Photos, advertising, job vacancies and public notices appear just as they do in print versions.
- Text-only and audio options.
- Newspapers and magazines are available in over 60 languages.
Using the PressReader app on your Android or Apple device allows you to download newspapers and magazines for reading offline later.
- Download the PressReader app from the AppStore or Google Play.
- Visit any branch of Tauranga City Libraries and connect to the free WiFi.
- Open the PressReader app to connect to the library’s PressReader hotspot.
- Use the Publications menu to search for the title(s) you’d like to download. You can browse by country, subject, language and publication type.
- Touch the cover image of the issue you want to download.
Once you’ve connected to the library’s PressReader hotspot, you can download issues for a further two days before you need to come back to the library to re-connect with the hotspot.
If you don’t have an Apple or Android device you can still read PressReader online from your computer through the library website.
Need some help getting started? Please ask a staff member at any of our branches.
Published: Monday, 09 Jan 2017 16:00 by Tauranga City Council