All library locations are open normal operating hours in Alert Level 2.
Regular programmes including Iti Pounamu and digital lessons are not currently on offer in Level 2. Please check back here for regular updates.
JP services may be affected. Please call us on 577 7177 to confirm whether a JP will be in the library as scheduled.
The Mobile Library service has been modified for Alert Level 2. You can find the new Mobile Library timetable here.
What you need to know when visiting the library:
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell
- Everyone aged 12 and over, is required to scan in with the NZ COVID Tracer app or provide us with your name and phone number when you visit
- Face coverings are mandatory for visitors 12 and over
- Visitor numbers are restricted in all library spaces to allow for 2m distancing. You may have to wait before entering the library.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after visiting
- Keep your distance from other customers and staff (2 metres)
- If you don’t want to browse the shelves, pre-order your books before you visit (there is no charge for holds).
- Please be kind to staff and other customers
- Public PC access is limited due to social distancing
Thank you all for your cooperation. We are available by phone: 07 577 7177 and on our Facebook page if you have any questions.