Get a global perspective on world events with PressReader, an online newspaper kiosk where you can browse and read more than 7,000 newspapers and magazines from New Zealand and around the world.
Read newspapers and magazines on your smartphone or tablet
To download and read on your smart device you will need to get the PressReader app.
Reading in the PressReader App
If you’re in range of Tauranga City Libraries’ free wifi network, you can download up to five newspapers or magazines a day to read offline whenever you like using the PressReader app.
- Download the PressReader App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Visit any branch of Tauranga City libraries and connect to the free wifi.
- Open the PressReader app.
- Use the Publications menu to search for the title(s) you’d like to download. You can browse using a range of options, including country, subject category, language and publication type.
- Touch the cover image of the issue you want to download.
- Once downloaded, the issue will appear in your downloads menu and stay there until you choose to delete it.
PressReader keeps you informed, entertained and inspired every day
- Up to 90 days of back issues are available, depending on the newspaper or magazine.
- Photos, crosswords, cartoons, advertising, job vacancies and death notices appear just as they do in print versions.
- Text-only and audio options are available.
- Newspapers and magazines are available in over 60 languages.
- Most major New Zealand newspapers are available as well as many smaller, regional publications.
You will need your library card and PIN number/Password to access PressReader if you’re outside the library.
Last Reviewed: 04/09/2018