Get a global perspective on world events with PressReader, an online newspaper kiosk where you can browse and read newspapers and magazines from New Zealand and around the world.
Please note that from 1 November 2019, newspapers and magazines published by Stuff Ltd can only be read using a library computer, or on your own device using the link below after you have connected to the library WiFi.
They are not available for viewing outside the library or via the PressReader app.
Below is a list of the Stuff titles that are affected:
- Sunday Star Times
- Sunday News
- Southland Times
- Waikato Times
- Dominion Post
- The Press
- Nelson Mail
- Timaru Herald
- Manawatu Standard
- Taranaki Daily News
- Marlborough Express
- TV Guide
- NZ House and Garden
- NZ Gardener
Read newspapers and magazines on your smartphone or tablet
To download and read on your smart device you will need to get the PressReader app.
Reading in the PressReader App
If you’re in range of Tauranga City Libraries’ free wifi network, you can download unlimited newspapers or magazines to read offline whenever you like using the PressReader app.
- Download the PressReader App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Visit any branch of Tauranga City libraries and connect to the free wifi.
- Open the PressReader app. This connects you to our PressReader hot spot.
- Use the Publications menu to search for the title(s) you’d like to download. You can browse using a range of options, including country, subject category, language and publication type.
- Touch the cover image of the issue you want to download.
- Once downloaded, the issue will appear in your downloads menu and stay there until you choose to delete it.
You will be able to download more publications for a further seven days before you need to return to the library and reconnect to our PressReader hot spot.
PressReader keeps you informed, entertained and inspired every day
- Up to 90 days of back issues are available, depending on the newspaper or magazine.
- Photos, crosswords, cartoons, advertising, job vacancies and death notices appear just as they do in print versions.
- Text-only and audio options are available.
- Newspapers and magazines are available in over 60 languages.
- Most major New Zealand newspapers are available as well as many smaller, regional publications.
You will need your library card and PIN number/Password to access PressReader if you’re outside the library.
Last Reviewed: 12/11/2019