Get a close-up look at items that are normally locked away, through entertaining show-and-tell talks with Tauranga City Library Heritage Specialists.
On the 1st Wednesday of the month from 1:15-2pm at Tauranga Library.
Free, no booking necessary. Gather round the horseshoe table in Nga Wahi Rangahau/Research Collections on the first floor.
Dates and Subjects:
- 3 July 2019 – Tauranga at War in the 1860s: Paintings, maps, and documents from the most turbulent period of Tauranga’s history.
- 7 August 2019 – Sailors, Ships and the Sea: Memoirs, letters, biographies of Tauranga’s ‘old salts’.
- 4 September 2019 – Cancelled – Unfortunately, this session has been cancelled due to staff illness.
- 2 October 2019 – The Brilliance of Bert: Bert Goulding (1886-1987), Tauranga engineer and WWI soldier.
- 6 November 2019 – Searching for Eliza/Researching my Suffragist Ancestor: How prison hulks, Bermuda and Minnie Dean connect to a woman who campaigned for New Zealand women to have the right to vote 126 years ago.
- 4 December 2019 – Voices from the Past: The oral history recordings from Tauranga Museum’s Oral History Unit.
Last Reviewed: 03/09/2019